Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Top 10 Reads of 2012

I am more than a teensy bit in love with Seattle-based librarian Nancy Pearl. Actually, since I'm being completely honest, I worship her. I don't think there's a book on this planet she hasn't read. The sheer magnitude of her literary knowledge astounds me, though I must admit it makes my own attempt at being well-read look woefully inadequate. No mind. I am determined to be like her in every single way, starting with sharing my must-read list of 2012. These are not necessarily books that were published last year, though some of them were. It's just a carefully selected smattering of ten books I found most enjoyable (in no particular order).

1. The Orchardist - Amanda Coplin
2. The Lost Wife - Alyson Richman
3. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
4. The Barbarian Nurseries - Hector Tobar
5. Cutting for Stone - Abraham Verghese
6. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
7. Some Things That Stay - Sarah Willis
8. The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern
9. Salvage the Bones - Jesmyn Ward
10. Late Nights on Air - Elizabeth Hay

No comments:

Post a Comment