Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Pee Room Gets a Makeover!

You may recall last autumn when my cat's staunch opposition to her litter box culminated in the forced removal of a large portion of carpet in our study. You may also recall that I dubbed this corner of the Pee Room the "Death Zone" because its stench was enough to make you want to wage war (on whom was irrelevant).

Well, take a good long look at this picture--the color of the walls, the lack of carpet--and prepare to be amazed. The Pee Room has undergone a major renovation, and I had the foresight to document each step of the process for the four people who will read this. No need to thank me. 

Step 1: Prime
Subheading: Goodbye, "Hypothermic Barney" Green!


 Step 2: Paint - Take One
Subheading: "That's so not 'Yogurt.'"
Sub-subheading: Whoops. 


 Step 3: Paint - Take Two
Subheading: Right paint, wrong trim.
Sub-subheading: "That looks like baby diarrhea." 


 Step 4: Assemble Futon
Subheading: "Can you hand me the instructions? Oh nevermind, I'll read them in French."
Sub-subheading: "F**k this!"



 Step 5: Document Typos in Malaysian-Printed Futon Instructions
Subheading: "Oh, we were supposed to lossen it?"
Sub-subheading: "Ah, yes. 'Matress' with the less common one-tee spelling."


 Step 6: Rage
Subheading: "We might as well actually read this in French."
Sub-subheading: This is, in fact, not where I want to be.


 Step 7: Woman-Assembled, Cat-Approved
Subheading: "Taffy, if you pee in here again we're putting you up for adoption."


 Step 8:  We'll Call it Good for Now
Subheading: My family recommends furnishing a room before touching up the paint. That couldn't possibly end badly.
 

Stay tuned for updates from the newly painted Pee Room! Some things to look forward to: a new desk, artwork, blinds, a lamp that my parents did not steal from me.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! And Taffy looks happy to be there :)

    ReplyDelete