Sunday, August 8, 2010

You're Welcome

I've decided that I need to work on my abs. Naturally, because I can never seem to be bothered with these things called crunches that I hear so much about, I have resorted to forced laughter as a means of six-pack building. Here are some things that make me laugh, or that should make you laugh (no need to thank me):

1. When I have to call UPS for pickup and instead of saying, "Pickup at Orcas Island Pottery, 27 boxes," I say, "Pickup at Orcas Island Pottery, 27 dresses." See, it's funny because it's a movie.

2. When the instructions for putting together a standing heater are so cryptic that I install the wheels upside-down...while Sara eats celery. Exhibit A:


3. My inability to text. Exhibit B:


4. Exaggerated diagrams of the perils of Australia. Exhibit C:

I particularly enjoy Queensland's alleged "maneating koalas" and the "sharks with frickin' lasers" that are hanging out in the Great Australian Bight.

5. The following YouTube video featuring one of my study abroad coordinators at the Tasmanian Devil Park in Tassie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNj-ou4PP1A. (Side note: of the 175 views, I think around 111 of them were my doing).

6. The Tassie News Broadcast series, starring my dear friends Cari(bou) Stayer and Laura(keet) Macaulay:
*Tassie News - Kings of the Wind
*Tassie News - Hobart Airport (our finest work)
*Tassie News - Birdie on a Perch
*Tassie News - Bus Preview

7. Man in shop (without so much as a "Hello"): I pickle large quantities of cabbage. Do you have any giant crocks to serve such a purpose?
Me: ...
Man: I'm talking a lot of cabbage. Like, a lot.

8. "I wanted to get breakfast right after I got to work, but I told my co-worker she could go, and she never came back. By the end of the first hour I was contemplating which would taste better given the choice of a staple or a paperclip." -Katie Lind

To be continued...
(I need sleep)

No comments:

Post a Comment