Monday, March 11, 2013

I'm a Genius

And I actually don't mean that sarcastically this time.

I'm watching an episode of Bones from a few weeks ago and Bones was just shot in the lab and rushed to the hospital. There was no exit wound, but the surgeons couldn't find a bullet. When they announced that to Cam, I shouted, "ICE BULLET!" and was utterly perplexed that my genius seemed to go unnoticed. Cam repeated the news to Booth and again I shouted, "It was an ICE BULLET!"

Bones finally woke up after surgery and told Booth that the site of the wound had felt cold when she was shot. Booth told her that they didn't recover a bullet and Bones said, "That's impossible." "No it's not!" I shouted. "It. Was. An. ICE BULLET." How is it that a highly skilled team of forensic anthropologists, working in tandem with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, is puzzled by something that a 25-year-old English major who talks to her cat all day figures out in four seconds? I don't understand! I have something to say and it's actually important this time! Listen to me!

By the way, my mom just walked past my room and wanted to know why I've been shouting "ICE BULLET" for the past five minutes.

Also, I'll have you know that it was a full 17 minutes before Hodgins said, "When you eliminate the possible, you are left with the truth. Have you ever heard of an ice bullet?" At which point I shouted, "THANK YOU!"

My work here is done.

And after all that, it was a frozen blood bullet. That would have been my next guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment