Saturday, July 14, 2012

Words to Come

I just got back from two days on Orcas with my mom, and while I'm far too lazy to regale you with stories of the crazy woman I met waiting at the ferry terminal or how I made an ass of myself in front of an Italian who didn't understand me, allow me to tantalize your eyebuds with a few snapshots that demonstrate exactly why this island is one of my favorite places on the planet.

Eastsound, the island's main town. Painfully adorable, right?
Even with lightning and the loudest thunder I've ever heard, there was a stunning sunset.
Part of my yurt and the view from it.
The road leading away from Orcas Island Pottery.
I may or may not be a bit obsessed with sunsets...
I rest my case.
And I rest it again.

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Will you take me there one day? Because this is now on my bucket list.

    I WILL USURP YOUR YURT.

    ReplyDelete