Thursday, June 23, 2011

So That Happened

In the words of KOMO 4 weatherman Steve Pool, "Let's get right to it."

1. My family wants to paint the inside of our dish cupboard some shade of turquoise. The one my mom and I have chosen is part of Behr's Disney Collection. It is called "Ariels Song." No apostrophe. My dad wants to pick a different color because it's Disney. I want to pick a different color because I would rather perish than support such an egregious lack of punctuation. 

My perfection has a first name, it's M-A-U-R-O.
2. I'm sorry to those of you who don't give a crap about soccer, but it would be sacrilege for me to not mention that my boys kicked some New York Red Bulls ass tonight: 4-2. They burned 'em. As always, Mauro "El Fuego" Rosales was making magic and the team closely followed my two helpful keys to the match: 1) Give it to Mauro, and 2) Don't suck.

3. My cat, the little stinker, has of late fallen into the habit of stealing my beanbag chair if I happen to vacate it for any period of time greater than or equal to 2.8 seconds. And I really mean 2.8 seconds. I'll be reading, Taffy lying on the floor several feet away, and I'll decide I want my water bottle which is on the other side of the room. I'll stand up, take literally two steps forward, turn around, and Taffy the Vulture will already be halfway into my seat. I'll laugh (for some reason each time is infinitely more hilarious than the last), lightly scold her with a "Bug, I'm still sitting there!" and then find some other way to occupy my time because I'm a sucker and there's nothing in this world more adorable than my little squash blossom settling into the beanbag chair that she just appropriated for herself.

4. During the game tonight, I counted a total of five players on both teams whose shoes matched the "Ariels Song" (still no apostrophe) paint swatch we taped to our dish cupboard.

My perfection has a second name, it's R-O-S-A-L-E-S.
5. I informed my mother that I had named my body pillow Mauro. The following conversation occurred:

Mom (putting her hand to her forehead as if shielding her eyes from the sun): Oh lord, I really did not need to know that.
Me: What? All I do is lean against him when I read! I think it's a good name change.
Mom: Change?
Me: Yeah. He used to be called Grissom.
Mom: Oh, how the times have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment