Tuesday, March 22, 2011

RIP, Margoshes Boot Camp

Just as I feared, my attempts at whipping my feline into shape are failing miserably. I would probably have more success teaching an infant the Gettysburg Address. The problem is that Taffy is just too damn smart. Two days after implementing the up-the-stairs-with-the-food-bowl plan, I have this:

Note the little stinker lying downstairs, staring up at her food but unwilling to expend the energy to go up to it.
I moved the food to a lower step with the following results:


 And even lower. Mind you, this was her dinner time. That cat was hungry:


 I then decided to move the bowl all the way to the floor. This got her up and progressing in a forward motion, so I raised her food back up. Please observe the following sequence of events:



 

And if that weren't enough, this is what I have now:

 

Yes, that is her string. The string. The only thing in the house (besides her food, of course) that inspires her to move on occasion. I can tell I'm in for the long haul...

No comments:

Post a Comment