Thursday, March 3, 2011

Join Me on My Quest to Do Everything!

I am always on the prowl for new podcasts that simultaneously boggle my mind and make me feel profoundly deficient for how easily and frequently my mind is boggled. My latest discovery is the new podcast How to Do Everything, created and hosted by Wait Wait's senior producer Mike Danforth and producer Ian Chillag. It's "half advice show, half survival guide," and three-quarters AMAZING. And yes, you just witnessed my stellar math skills in action.

So far, in just three 15-minute episodes, I have learned:

1. How to correctly spell Moammar Gadhafi's name.
2. What to do if my brakes give out when I'm driving.
3. How to store potatoes to prevent them from sprouting.
4. What to do if you encounter a large, menacing dog on the sidewalk and the owner is nowhere in sight.
5. What to do if you're trapped on a ski lift and it's clear help is not on the way.
6. How to order wine in a restaurant.
7. How to seek revenge on an ex.
8. What to do/not to do at the upcoming royal wedding.
9. How to get a raise.
10. What to drink if you're stranded in the desert.

And my personal favorite:
11. How to flip a snake-infested house for under $65,000.

Perhaps my favorite facet of this show is that they take suggestions from anyone curious or bored enough to ask. No query is too big or too small. How do you peel and egg without peeling? How do you get your tongue unfrozen from a metal pole in the middle of winter? How do you not look like an idiot at a Superbowl Party when you don't know the first thing about football? Mike and Ian are about to save your life.

I strongly recommend this podcast to anyone with an insatiable appetite for either useless or useful facts. I even more strongly recommend this podcast to anyone who, like me, lacks the ability to differentiate between the two.

1 comment:

  1. Per your recommendation, I just subscribed to it on iTunes. I'm super psyched!!

    ReplyDelete