Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Things My Cat Has and Has Not Inherited from Me

 Has NOT:

1. Her aversion to snuggling.
2. The need to sleep under things (i.e. the purse dangling from my chair; the clothes rack when it has clothes on it).
3. Long nails.
4. Dependency issues.
5. Her nightly ritual of crying at the top of her tiny feline lungs as soon as everyone goes to sleep.
6. Dandruff.


HAS:

1. Fondness for high-fiving (but she never got the memo that stabbing my palm isn't part of the game).
2. Love of poetry.
3. Laziness.
4. Attraction to piles of blankets.
5. Moodiness.
6. Lots of hair.
7. The awful habit of biting her nails.


Considering that the ways she resembles me outnumber (by one) the ways she doesn't, I am forced to conclude that she is, in fact, my cat.

Isn't she just the preciousest? Who wouldn't love this face?

2 comments:

  1. That is one fat cat. Are you feeding her pie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I am NOT feeding her pie! We only give her a cup of adult feline diet food every day. ONE CUP. I maintain that she has a) big bones, and b) a very very slow metabolism.

    ReplyDelete