Wednesday, February 12, 2014

They're Here!

I know you've all been sick with anticipation these past few weeks, refreshing this blog as quickly as your fingers will let you. It's been long year, but the time has finally come: NPR Valentine's Day cards are back.


You really Audie be mine.

You are the queen of my Carl Kassel.

You had me at First Listen.

The depth of our love makes Krulwich Wonder.

Make my world more just, verdant and peaceful.

There ain't no Montagne high enough.

As these cards are my favorite thing about Valentine's Day, I consider myself somewhat of a connoisseur. Some cards in this year's batch are fairly weak--I mean, "There ain't no Montagne high enough" for what? Finish your damn thought!--but I suppose I should accept that once they give us "I want you like I want Carl Kasell's voice on my home answering machine," there's nowhere to go but down.

I will say, though, that last week when I was at the bookstore working on lesson plans I may or may not have unintentionally spent a half hour of my life thinking up cards of my very own. If in the future NPR ever produces "I want to Lakshmi Singh my love for you from the rooftops," I trust you'll all remember that you heard it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment