Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Upside of the Shutdown

Now, I basically live for the week before Valentine's Day when NPR releases its newest batch of public radio pun-laden V-Day cards. Immediately after they're posted I print them out and, delirious with dweebishness, I dance around the house cackling to myself as I hide them in the refrigerator or inside the newspaper for my parents to find. (I really shouldn't be admitting to this kind of behavior. It's just depressing.)

This year, thanks to our friendly neighborhood GOP, I have another reason to live: NPR's government shutdown pickup lines. Oooh baby. It's like Valentine's Day four and a half months early! I should be angry with NPR for being the overwhelming cause of my singlehood, but I'm not. Nothing will turn this girl against her public radio.

And so, without further ado, here they are:

8 Great "Shutdown Pickup Lines" - NPR

No comments:

Post a Comment