Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fear Not: I Live!

We in the Pacific Northwest are in the throes of a sizzler right now, marking only the second or third time that I can remember summer starting before the 4th of July. In honor of the sun I thought I'd take this opportunity to assure all you fives of readers (though really I think that number is a bit inflated) that I am indeed still kicking.

Yesterday I found a fork in a bag of recycled packing popcorn. I would've used it to spread the yellow mustard I found in a bag of packing popcorn two weeks ago, but seeing as how I do not enjoy mustard I gave it to a customer from Georgia who then proclaimed, "This is a friendly island!"

My mason jar of jasmine sun tea is infusing out on the balcony and enjoying such a miraculous view of President's Channel that it is surely the envy of sun tea everywhere.

Oh, and a happy belated 50th birthday to the zip code. Here's to another 50!



No comments:

Post a Comment