Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Couple Things

I don't really have anything of substance to report today, so I'll just give you a brief overview of the past few days. And by brief, I mean you should probably prepare yourself to have a full head of grey hair by the time you finish reading this.

1. It was no surprise to anyone in my family when we discovered my cat's love of yogurt. She's got a nose like a bloodhound and can pinpoint, with her keen feline tracking instincts, the exact time and location in our house that a foil yogurt lid is ripped open. It follows logically, then, that she would love milk (although the only time she scores this is when we leave our cereal bowls unattended and the little stinker, prowling in the shadows behind the ottoman, goes in for the kill). Ok, so yogurt, milk, and her low-calorie adult cat food, of which she receives less than a cup a day. Those foods are to be expected. However, in case you've never been introduced to my darling angel, I should mention that she's not exactly your average cat. So not-average, in fact, that her odd dietary habits have left me practically no choice but to create a word document entitled "Things Taffy Eats." Here is what the list contains, minus the abovementioned items:




Yes, my cat's diet looks like the reels of a slot machine, but at least she likes her fruit. And, weirdly, popcorn. And for all of you snickering about the...somewhat rotund shape of my little baby, I'll have you know that she only receives a pea-sized amount of whatever we happen to be cutting. (I have no idea why the apple decided to defy formatting.)

2. And now a word on product names: What kind of education do you have to eke your way through to earn the privilege of naming a feminine hygiene product or a type of cold sore medication? Do you have to major in the prestigious field of Nomenclature? You should. This lack of educational foresight has allowed the following two egregious products on our drugstore shelves:


WHY? Maybe it's just me, but I like buying things that don't elicit any more embarrassment than they have to. I don't doubt the effectiveness of these items, but who thought those were acceptable--even marketable--product names? Vagisil? Really? And Herpecin? I've got a cold sore medication that I swear by. It's called Blistex. Perhaps you've heard of it.

I guess this wasn't as long as I thought it would be, but it's probably pretty boring. My apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment