Wednesday, April 22, 2009

HENRIETTA! Mama, she came! This was at Fish Lips, our hostel in Taranna near Port Arthur and the Tassie Devil Park. This also happens to be the location of The Great IES Poland/Finland Mixup of 2009.














Sorell Fruit Farm was only a tiny consolation for me missing this year's Apple Squeeze, but it was still fun. Most of the apples had been completely gutted by the birds, and even though there was netting over a large portion of the trees, they didn't seem to prevent anything. The apples were tasty, though, and definitely the perfect addition to our brown bag lunch in the middle of rafting.











This was at the start of our harbor cruise around Port Arthur, on our way to the Isle of the Dead. It was incredible to arrive at the port in daylight and see that, contrary to the eerie presence that you can almost taste in the air at night, it's actually gorgeous. It reminded me of Scotland or Ireland, though I've never been to either. It was so green--definitely not a color I've seen a lot of since I've been in the country. (From left to right: Kate, Cari, Laura).




We were on the bus back to Hobart from the winery when I looked out the window and saw this. I had to do a double-take because I'd never seen clouds like this before, but this is exactly what I saw.









Meadowbank Winery was gorgeous, and even though we didn't get to spend much time exploring the vineyard, we played a rousing game of Birdie on a Perch on the grassy knoll for a good hour. Hands down the greatest game ever invented.








For a capital city, Hobart was fairly tiny and navigable, with all roads leading downhill to the harbor. We hardly got lost because of it.











1 comment:

  1. I love this shot - exuding happiness! -Mom

    ReplyDelete